Don’t Heal: See Yourself Through Your Wound
Don’t heal the wound:
It is said that “time can heal the pain”. Yes, your pain will be ameliorated by a certain time and you will cover your wound with something. But, the wound can persist as long as you live the life. You can understand that when the shielded wound of yours is touched by something, you must feel the pain that time. That’s mean; your wound is not healed. Don’t heal it until the purpose of the wound is not fulfilled. Even if you try, you cannot. Wound comes to our life for a particular purpose.
Normally, when everything is going in a proper way, we don’t ever feel to know ourselves well. When things are going wrong, when things are not happening according to the level of expectations, we realize that we are in a struggle or in a battlefield of life. Then we have to act as a true warrior. A true warrior needs to know about his/her strength and weakness as well. If he/she doesn’t know about that, the wounds will come, repeatedly to hurt him/her and finally he/she has to leave the battlefield or has to lose his/her existence in the struggle.
Your wound is a hole of your mind to see the inside of it that means to see yourself. It’s like a window from where you can take a view of your own self. So use this window to know about yourself rather than covering it with something. If you use your wounds like this ‘window’, your wound will be cured and healed with the time. Time favors those who know to use it well.
How to use your wound as your window of the mind:
Rumi said, “The wound is where the light enters you.” Light comes through your wound to enlighten the darkest part of yourself. So, use the time for some introspection and identify your strengths and weaknesses. That will help you face new challenges of life, courageously.
Before discussing this point, we need to clear some things about the wounds.
Causes of the wound:
- Loss: Lossing of near and dear ones by sudden or unexpected death.
- Sudden loss of organ or body parts.
- Love: Breaking up of any relationship in an unexpected way.
- Failure of fulfilling a dream.
- Sudden Loss of Reputation and property.
- Incomplete goal.
- Unexpected bad news.
How do you know your wound is healed?
Our physical wound is visible. So, we can see the healing process completely. But, how do you know about your psychological wound? You can understand it by your psychological conditions. Are the tears rolling down your cheeks when you remember the incident? Are you still feeling upset in the crowd when those things come into your mind? That’s mean; your wound is not cured. It needs time.
But, if you feel no pain from your wound when you are talking about your story to someone, means your wound is healed.
What will you do immediately after the injury?
Immediately after the injury, severe pain comes from your wound. Act as an experienced Doctor and prescribe an appropriate painkiller to reduce the pain as much as possible. Now, the question is what is the painkiller? It depends on man to man and pain to pain. I can only give some examples of good painkillers. Mind it, painkiller only reduces the pain for some time only, but it can’t heal. Good music, songs, good books, movies can give you relief for some time. But in a case of losing pain need someone to share. A devotional prayer to God is very helpful. Involve in work, also helps to forget the pain for a certain time period, But, it’s difficult in the primary phase. Travel also helps to reduce the pain for some time.
When the tears of your eyes become dry, try to see yourself through the hole of your wound.
Introspection- Mark Your Strength and Weakness:
Introspection is the most important part of healing. So, it should be done in a proper way. Otherwise, the time will be totally wasted. Hence, I have tried to explain the process of introspection through this chart with the text. You have to do it alone within by a continuous conversation with your mind.
- Stop all the noise around you. Take some times exclusively for yourself.
- Gain up some courage to touch the wound. Look back to the incident. Try to analyze that. Why the incident hurt you so much? What was your fault? Had you tried your best? What was your role at that time? Had you overreacted? Had you taken necessary action at that point? Try to find out the answer to the questions like these. But, mind it you can only control your car on the road but not others. So, just focus on your roles, your actions and everything about you linked to this incident. Don’t go to judge other persons. It only diverts you from your goal. Keep in mind, your goal is Introspection.
[People around you may suggest “don’t touch the wound. It will give pain only. Just forget about it.” They are not wrong actually. It raises huge pain. But the pain is for once in a lifetime. If you can tolerate the pain of pulling a bullet from your wound, no wound can injure you like that. This pain makes you so courageous that you can conquer any battle of life. But forgetting has no role in life. It only builds a thin shield over the scar, but cannot heal it. ]
- After this sincere ‘Q and A’ session, you will definitely get some answers. It works best when you jot down this questions and answers as well, in your private journal. The answers are the keys of your locking period. You can understand why your life becomes stagnant. You can get a clear view of your weaknesses.
- The satisfactory answer of this analysis increases your courage more. You will definitely want to go deep into that. When you will dip into that, you will see your roles in various incidents related to that. From those incidents, you can mark more weaknesses of yours.
- Work on those. To know your strength, first, mark your weaknesses. You know, you are basically a strong person. You are handling your whole life in a proper way except one or two incidents that hurt you at your ‘Achilles heel’. So, to be a great warrior first identify your mistakes and weaknesses. Then, turn your mistakes to your achievements and make your weaknesses to your strength or be aware of your ‘Achilles heel’.
- It takes some time. This time is your healing period and this process is the healing process of wounds.
If you use this time for the treatment of your wound by seeing yourself through your wound, time will heal your wound, completely. Healing doesn’t mean gaining about the same thing, which you have lost. But it is more than that you have lost. So, don’t heal the wound until you used it as your window for your introspection. Wound comes to you to make you a strong warrior to conquer the battle of life.