“If you can’t figure out your purpose,figure out your passion. For your passion will lead you right into your purpose.”- T.D. Jakes
What is passion?
The word passion is used very passionately. But sometimes we used it consciously and sometimes unconsciously, without knowing its exact meaning. Suppose someone says “Bike is my passion”. He must be fond of new bikes with new features. Even he is ready to spend his whole salary to buy a bike with unique features. That’s mean he can die for a bike or he can sacrifice the rest of the world for a bike. Such kinds of persons think that their passion is their world. In fact, it becomes their oxygen to live the life. And we need oxygen to live. If the supply of oxygen decreases, we feel breathing trouble. Life without passion is like, closed in an oxygen less chamber.
Why should you follow your passion?
- Passion gives you the required fuel to spend your routine and monotonous life with full of liveliness.
- Passion is a window by which you can see that the life is how much beautiful
- Passion is a type of meditation which helps you to explore yourself. Suppose, if painting is your passion, you always think about your painting. During the making of every new portrait you will reach in such level of concentration which will shed light in the dark places of your mind. By this light you can discover yourself in a new way.
- Passion sets your dream. If you haven not set your dream, life flows you here and there without any purpose. At the end you will be frustrated from life.
- Like Depression, Frustration, grief many negetivities often comes in our life. We have to live life with these. Your passion saves you from all the negative effects of those.
- Passion always sends you a positive signal or positivity in your life comes from your passion.
- No one can give you happiness for a lifetime without your passion. If you are passionate about photography, you can feel a true happiness whenever you pick up your camera, even on your last day of life.
- Your passion is the only medicine for your stress. It makes your mind quiet and peaceful and manages your stress. Suppose, you have a passion for driving a car. In the time of high work pressure or any type of life stress, if you drive your car, you will feel relaxed and refreshed. You can’t find that type of refreshment from any activities like watching movies, or listening music or anything.
- Passion fix your direction of life. A directionless life becomes a nightmare for everyone.
- Passion enrich your thoughts and your mind with wisdom and creativity.
Why passion is different from a hobby and obsession?
We often confused passion with a hobby or obsession. But Passion is completely different from those.
Passion and Hobby:
A Hobby is a type of interest which you like to do in your free time or to pass the time. But passion is your such type of interest for which you feel strong desire and strong attraction. Even you make time from your daily routine to do it. But keep in mind that sometime your hobby become your passion. You can understand this well if I tell you a real story of one of my passionate friend.
My friend has a passion for cooking. But doing a full-time job and managing a family with her child, she hardly finds time for cook passionately. She is crazy for her passion. Almost in every weekend she invited our group of friend to her home and made some delicious dishes for us. She made each and every dish with full dedication. It’s nothing to say that every dishes maintained the restaurant standard. Inspired by our true appreciation, she took a risk to accept her passion, as her business. She first started a weekend business of home delivery for party and any occasion. Her marketing strategies and good works made her weekend business popular in the city. After getting enough confidence and response from market, she quit her professional carrier as a Marketing Manager of a national Bank. By her all earnings from her job, she built up a restaurant where she took a role of Master Chef as well as Owner. Now, this is one of the famous restaurants of the city. Her passion makes her dream fulfil.
In comparison, those having a hobby is cooking, they pursue that in their free time or any occasion. But they have not the courage to take it as a profession or leave their job for their passion. This is the difference between hobby and passion.
Passions & Obsessions:
Obsession is a compulsive force of doing something in any way by anxiety or fixed in some unpleasant idea without any logic. Whereas passion is an urge to do something with creativity and in an organized way.
Obsession is losing yourself for an external object which harms your mental stability in most of the cases. In contrast, passion connects you to yourself and develops your own capability.
Long time ago, I heard about an obsessive man from my Psychiatrist friend. The man had a obsession for sex . That’s mean he could not control his sexual urge. Even, his compulsion was so high that he did not bother about his partner’s mood or satisfaction. Sometimes he did not bother about his partner. For his Obsession, he used to go to the red light areas and sometimes he used to abuse ladies of his workplace.
In contrast, if someone has a passion for sex, he does it with full of love and full of attraction to his partner. In fact a passionate sex partner always takes care of his partner’s pleasure and satisfaction.
How to find your passion?
To know how to find your passion, you should have a clear idea about passion. Because the thing you don’t know how can you find that. That’s why, before telling it, I described the above things. There are three steps to find your passion.
- Make a list of your hobbies. Like, painting, dancing and photography. Then, pursue those for a week or two week regularly. After two weeks, you shall feel a strong interest about one or two. Then, pursue those hobbies seriously for one or two weeks more. Keep taking guidance from the learning videos of YouTube channel (https://www.youtube.com/). After doing those seriously, you must feel a strong desire to pursue one of your hobby almost regularly. That will be your Passion.
- Think deeply about yourself. Which work give you comfort when you are in stress or which work you like to do with full of interest even when you are in low mood state. It may be driving a car, riding a bike, doing sex, taking care of your pet and so on. That particular work must be your passion. Because, if you follow your passion, your passion will take care of you.
- Think deeply about your childhood before you go to sleep. Try to remember your every childhood and boyhood or girlhood activities, how did you perform those? Was your any particular activity appreciated by your friends or parents or teachers? Did you feel very happy to perform any of those activity? It may be leadership, maybe compassion for your friends or animals, storytelling, guiding or playing some particular game. So, try to find that particular work and do it in your recent life again very frequently. This must be shown your passion.
Everybody has a passion. But many of us cannot recognize it specifically. By Floating in the flow of life, we forget to find it. For that reason, frustration, Depression, stress or any types of negativity dare to dominate our life. Coming in those negativities, we lose our direction in life and always think “Why Me?”. But, if you find your passion once in your lifetime and continue to follow it, you definitely get answers for all of your queries about life. So, live your life passionately. Your passion will open a new horizon of your life.