Durga Puja festival of Kolkata is famous for all over India for its vibrancy of theme and art. I’m not going to depict the art, creativity, and commercialism of those pujas. My aim for the theme of #AtoZchallenge is to show a travel destination out from the crowd. We all know that Kolkata is an overcrowded city. Moreover, watching Durga Puja at the Kolkata by standing along the long lines of the Pandals (read crowd) and waiting for your turn to visit the idol is almost impossible to take breathe for the people like me, who hate crowd. So, I always prefer to enjoy puja in a less crowded place.
Bonedi Family’s Durga Puja of Kolkata:
Traditional Bonedi Family’s Durga Puja is the place, where can enjoy traditional Bengali customs and Puja rituals in royal exposure in a peaceful way. The “Bonedi Family” of Kolkata are those families who belong to the royal or Zamindar families and have an affluent financial condition in the ancient time. They hold their tradition of performing puja for 100-300 years. They organize puja with their friends and relatives in a royal style unlike the Barwari or Sarbojonin Puja, where show up, business and popularity are more than the rituals, traditions, and devotions. Here, I am going to show you that offbeat destination for enjoying Durga Puja.
Here, I embedded a video based on the “Bonedi Barir Durga puja” Durga puja of Kolkata Bonedi Family. If you are not aware of the traditional Durga Puja, you can get an idea about it from this video. Please, do visit the video and leave your feedback here.
A conducted trip on “Bonedi Barir Durga Puja Parikrama” by Explore Bengal :
We, the members of the group Explore Bengal conduct a day trip on “Bonedi Barir Durga Puja Parikrama”. This year we are also going to organize the trip from October 15 -19 of 2018. If you are interested to know more about the trip or to do the trip with us, feel free to shoot a mail at the following Email IDs.
- Sayanti Deb- firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subrata Saha- email@example.com
- You can also show your interest by leaving your feedback in the comment section of the blog and YouTube video as well.
Some Important Information:
- Don’t forget to subscribe your Email to our channel to get more video updates and tour itinerary about this trip.
- We also welcome the guests from out of Bengal and out of India as well. You can also make a day trip with us to get a Unique exposure of festival. We’ll arrange your stay and food for your whole trip to Kolkata.
- The rituals and customs performing by the families are the great subjects for Travel Photography. If you are interested in photography, we can also arrange a Photo-tour for you throughout the four days of the festival with an Experienced Mentor.
So, experiencing Bonedi Family’s Durga Puja at Kolkata can be a unique experience of your Kolkata trip. If you are planning to visit Kolkata, make your plan at the time of Durga Puja. You can experience the flavor of popular and offbeat travel together in a trip. To know more information and picture of Bonedi Family’s Durga Puja of Kolkata, you can visit my earlier posts on this topic.
Glimpse of Bonedi Barir Durga Puja at Kolkata.
Rituals of Durga Puja at Bonedi houses in Kolkata.
My theme for this Challenge is The OFFBEAT DESTINATIONS OF INDIA.
P.S: Please don’t forget to share your blog URL while commenting on this post from the social media site. It’s difficult to find your blog from the social media. I’m interested to read your post too.